How To Get Started With Granite Stone Unlimited, Inc. in Twin Cities MN
Prior to work beginning, a staff member from Granite Stone Unlimited, Inc. will meet with you for a comprehensive estimate. We need to determine what type of work you are looking to have done, take measurements and make a determination as to how much time we will need to devote to the project. We always offer free estimates and put everything in writing.
When creating an estimate, we look at the below criteria:
- The material you want installed, such as granite, marble or quarts.
- The edge profile.
- Whether a backsplash or sidesplash is being installed and it’s type.
- The number of cuts and cutouts that are needed.
- The size of the area that is being covered.
Once we have given you a written estimate, you will need to come to our showroom and select your stone. This is where you will be able to view the different types of colors that we have available. Once the stone has been selected, your estimate may need to be readjusted, based on the exact stone type you end up deciding on. Adjusting the estimate ensures you have a clear idea of what you will be paying for the project.
Thing to Keep In Mind When Selecting Your Natural Stone:
- Do not be afraid to ask questions! We are experts when it comes to the different types of stones sold and can answer any and all questions you have. Asking questions is the best way to hone in on the product that best fits your needs and ensures you are happy with the product for years to come.
- Bring in Samples or Photos of the Finishes in the Room. It is important to make sure that your stone selection goes well with your cabinet color, wall color and tile type. Bringing these items in with you allows you to decide which will work best in your space.
What to Expect When Granite Stone Unlimited, Inc. Starts Your Project:
Once your stone has been selected, a contract has been signed and a deposit has been made, Granite Stone Unlimited, Inc. can take the first steps to start your project. The very first step is completing a template appointment. During this appointment, our staff will come to your home, assess the layout, take measurements and make a template for cutting the stone. In order for this step to be completed, you must have your cabinetry, sink or other base pieces installed. If this is not installed, we will have to delay the process. After the template is completed and the stone has been approved by you, the cutting and fabrication process can begin. It will take approximately ten business days once the cutting and fabrication process begins for installation will be scheduled to begin. This allows us time to property cut and fabricated your stone without rushing, giving your piece the attention it deserves.
Installing The Natural Stone:
The last step is to install the natural stone surface. This is done once the cutting and fabrication process have been completed. As we install your stone surface, we will use commercial sealants that protect the stone surface from staining and scratching. This product service comes with a one-year warranty. We do allow you to upgrade to a lifetime warranty on the sealant for an additional fee. Contact us to discuss pricing, or ask about it during your free price quote. On average, it can take about four to six hours to install countertops, bars and vanities. Backsplashes and fireplaces inlays can take a bit longer. Upon completion of this process, we will ask for the remainder of your balance.
Get Started on Your Project Today! Call 952-469-5242 Now to Get A Free Quote!